Monday, February 1, 2010

Afterschool Routines..

Today I picked my girls up and both had horrible attitudes. The eldest complained that today was math tutor. The 4-year old demanded donuts then to watch a movie. I lectured the older one about wanting to do well in math and asked her to think about how she felt when got a poor grade on a math test. I told her that if she wants to improve she has to put the time in and that she should adjust her attitude about math tutoring in order to really accomplish her goal of doing well in math. I told the baby girl no- donuts, no tv until homework is done. Now they are both laying on the den couches ---no tv, no music, just resting or pouting? I don't know. I do know there has to be a better way--or maybe not. Perhaps this is what 'raising' children is about. Should I be in there lecturing them or engaging them now while I am writing this blog? I 'don't know. What is your after-school routine? How do you deal with the attitude, moods of the children.

No comments: