Monday, June 28, 2010

Wonderful Monday & Riff-Raff Summer Camp

It's been awhile since I have posted...becoming a blogger somehow got lost in the shuffle of everyday life. Welcome DNT!!! My wonderful cartoon avatar and designer friend! You are my first official follower. In your honor and in honor of other Metropolitan Mom's like myself and future followers -- I again pick up this blogger mantle and commit to write weekly!

My girls started a new summer camp today. My eldest (10) commented as I picked her up, "Finally, you rescue me from this torture!". My youngest (5) greeted me at the gate with, "Why didn't you come earlier?" The day started with such hope and excitement about summer camp! I left them at 9am and went to yoga. I emerged clear and energized. I booked a job interview and had already ranked this as a wonderful Monday! My girls might rank it differently, but I am still counting it wonderful!

I think my girls may be a bit spoiled. This summer I am taking an economical approach to summer activities. Usually I'd sign them up for pricey, posh, theme camps that have been housed at beach hotels, private colleges and homes in Beverly Hills. This summer we just don't have it and they are getting a taste of 'regular' camp with the riff-raff attached. I want my girls to be flexible enough to learn and contribute wherever they go. So I am going to count this week as their opportunity to build character. Yes, I also want them to be happy and enjoy their summer, but this summer they may have to work harder to have fun. Although I never went to summer camp as a child, I did have wonderful fun summers playing outside till the street lights came on. Let's hope that this riff-raff summer camp will strengthen their creativity and appreciation!

Yes I got another job interview! My time as a SAHM(stay-at-home-mom)is coming to a close. I know a job offer is coming soon and I will be so happy to move to working mom mode! I haven't held a full-time job in almost 9-years! I will also be so happy to have my own $$$$ or at least some of my own.

Well a Metropolitan Mom's work is never done, I must tend to dinner and get to studying....till next week.

No comments: